Coachella Valley SCORE is working with business owners and clients to form a CEO/Owners Forum. What is the CEO/Owners Forum? A way for area business owners and executives to share knowledge and experience with other entrepreneurs.
The leaders of growing small and mid-sized companies confront the constant challenge of “doing more” with constrained resources in the face of increasing competition. The CEO Forum is being formed by the Coachella Valley SCORE to address these strategic issues in a peer group setting. Prospective members of the Forums should be passionate about improving the performance of their businesses through shared experiences and knowledge. The CEO Forum group will be comprised of 10 – 12 members from non-competing businesses who meet monthly as an ongoing team.
The CEO Forum program includes the monthly, half-day problem-solving and skills development meeting which is facilitated by two SCORE meeting leaders. Each forum is an opportunity for the group to work through their specific business issues using a proven process.
The CEO Forum meetings are facilitated by SCORE meeting leaders who become integral members of each group. The backgrounds of these leaders include retired senior executives from major companies as well as entrepreneurs who have launched, bought and sold businesses. The CEO Forum program will enable you to become a better leader, make better decisions and achieve better results through:
- Insight into your own business as well as the economy at large which will help you compete and excel
- New perspectives to stimulate fresh ideas about your opportunities and challenges
- Enhanced skills to facilitate ongoing learning and performance improvements
- A confidential sounding board comprised of experienced executives for both everyday and strategic decisions.
The minimum requirements to participate in the program are:
- You must be responsible for the full operation of a qualifying business (e.g. Owner, CEO, President, etc.)
- Your company has been in business for at least 2 years
- Your company has at least 2 employees